4.03.2011

NaPoWriMo 2011 #2: One of These Days

One of These Days
One of these days you'll find yourself deadand I won't be the wiser or know youby your Christian name, your childhood petor any hard words you've gone by.
There will be no eulogies, no empathy,but a state funeral where the only coffee servedis the ring left on a certificate no one files.
No grave for flowers, no one to leave them,and I won't be tracing your genealogy orcalling friends searching for a common memory,something passionate between us.
I'll be too busy hyperventilating in the driver's seatas I try to make peace with your bodywrapped around my fender, or to explain awaythe bits of cranium on the windshieldand why that night you stepped out from the Gospel Missionwith nowhere else to go, decided University was fit for a stroll,and disappeared forever on the hood of my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment